This brownfield City Centre site is the catalyst for the multi million pound Cardiff Enterprise Zone redevelopment providing world class facilities across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
Work started during the Summer of 2013 with completion in the Summer of 2015. This 16,000m² building provides world class facilities across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. The distinctive wedge shape building houses a diverse range of world class facilities such as:
- State of the art teaching spaces and lecture theatres.
- Dedicated Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) state of the art gymnasium.
- Luxurious hairdressing and beauty salons, including spa with zen garden
- Rooftop fine dining restaurant with views across the City
- Unique conference facilities with flexible indoor and outdoor spaces
- Retail units and local radio station.
Jubb were responsible for the Civil and Structural design of this complex concrete and steelwork framed building. The building has a number of iconic features including large cantilevered floors, some over 10m long. Jubb used BIM as our key design tool to coordinate with the project team and provide a responsive service.