Positioned close to Stoke Park, a Grade II historic parkland, this impressive award winning development consists of 268 new high quality homes situated at Romney House, a brownfield site in Lockleaze, of which 55 percent are affordable housing.
This award winning Goram Homes project includes new homes ranging from one bedroom flats all the way up to four bed family homes. There will be 121 market-sale homes and 147 affordable homes consisting of a mix of social rent and shared ownership.
Central to development is a new community park located at the heart of the neighbourhood. This park forms a wildlife corridor from Stoke Park through to Concorde Way helping to create a green and leafy Bristol. Formerly the location of Lockleaze school, the site bridges Lockleaze and a new development at Cheswick Village to the north.
The project includes new homes ranging from one bedroom flats all the way up to four bedroom family homes.
Working closely with the client and architect Jubb developed the site layout for this residential development on the former Lockleaze School site. Jubb’s multi-disciplinary team are providing transport planning, sustainable drainage and structural design services. Site constraints included an existing road dividing the site and challenging topography.
- To develop a cost effect foundation solution that was buildable within the variable ground conditions.
- Establish a detailed cut and fill strategy that was workable on the steeply sloping phased site.
- To develop a sustainable drainage strategy that maximised the central wildlife corridor and improvements the environment for local residents.
- Agreeing a drainage strategy with the local water Authority that aligns with the clients aspirations.
- We worked closely with all stake holders to provide detailed cost-effective engineering solutions.
- Jubb’s dedicated Project Director provided a single point of contact to the client and contractor.
- Our multi discipline team provided a coordinated solution to successfully manage the site wide cut and fill.
Our sustainable drainage design experience was invaluable in developing the drainage strategy.